Chakradharpur railway division is the four railway divisions under South Eastern Railway zone of Indian Railways. This railway division was shaped on 14 April 1952 and its headquarter is situated at Chakradharpur in West Singhbhum region of the province of Jharkhand of India.
Kharagpur railway division, Adra railway division and Ranchi railway division are the other three railway divisions under SER Zone headquartered at Nursery Reach, Calcutta.
The Chakradharpur Railway Division stretches out from:
- Asanboni station in Jharkhand to Jharsuguda station in Odisha on the Howrah – Mumbai Principle Line, significant stations right now: Tatanagar, Chakradharpur, Rourkela and Jharsuguda.
Chakradharpur Division additionally incorporates the accompanying lines:
- Rajkharsawan station to Gua/Bolani Khadan in Jharkhand/Odisha individually and from Padapahar station in Jharkhand to Jaroli station in Odisha, significant stations right now Chaibasa, Dangoaposi, Noamundi, Barbil and Banspani.
- Sini station to Manikui station and the Kandra-Gamharia stretch in the territory of Jharkhand.
- The Tatanagar station in Jharkhand to Gorumahisani/Badampahar stations by means of Rairangpur Jn. in Odisha.
- Rourkela station to Bitmitrapur station in Odisha.
- Bondamunda station to Barsuwan/Kiriburu by means of Bimlagarh Jn. in Odisha/Jharkhand individually.
- Bondamunda station to Nuagaon station in Odisha on the Bondamunda – Ranchi line.
- New line Jharsuguda to Sardega for Mahanadi Coal Fields Restricted in Odisha.
The Division serves three regions of Jharkhand ( Saraikela-Kharsawan and East and West Singhbhum ) and five regions of Odisha (Mayurbhanj Jharsuguda, Sambalpur, Sundragarh, and Keonjhar).
Tatanagar being the most significant station of the Division, trailed by Rourkela, Jharsuguda, Chakradharpur, and so on. The primary wellspring of salary of the division is from Cargo and it is one of the most noteworthy acquiring Division out of 67 divisions of whole Indian Railways. The significant parts conveyed by Cargo Prepares right now Coal, Iron Mineral, Completed Steel, Manganese and Limestone. In Money related Year 2016-17 Chakradharpur Division crossed stacking limit of 100 Million Tons and the objective is expanding year on year. The significant enterprises served by the division are Goodbye Steel, Goodbye Engines, Lafarge Concrete, Partner Concrete Organization (ACC), Orissa Concrete Ltd. (OCL), Bihar Wipe Iron, SAIL Gua/Kiriburu/Manoharpur, SAIL Rourkela, Vedanta Jharsuguda, Jindal (JSW), Adhunik Ispat Combinations, Usha Martin, Mahanadi Coal Fields Ltd. (MCL), and so forth and numerous other little and medium businesses